Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon FDn 35-70 2.8-3.5 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Canon FDn 35-70 2.8-3.5 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lupi
Tinkerer
Username: Lupi

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 03:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello.
I bought recently for a good price a nearly pristine FDn 35-70/2.8-3.5 (datecode Z = 1985). The zoom and focusing mechanism is very smooth compared to the FDn 35-70/4 I have with a very "dry" zooming. But I realized that the lens cannot perfectly reach infinity focus.
Does anybody other had the same problem with the same lens?
Regard
Luca - Italy

Lupi
Tinkerer
Username: Lupi

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2013 - 08:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dear All
just to close the file for the poterity with a self-answer I tell you how I finally solved: I did not want to return to the dealer because the lens was really nice so I searched in the net some advice.
Basing on the following links:
http://forum.mflenses.com/adjust-focus-of-canon-fd-35-105-f-3-5-zoom-lens-t27092,start,15.html
and
https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/forum/messages/2/25306.html?1347045145
first I tried to pull out the focusing ring rubber and I found a screw (red arrow in the attached image)
http://i45.tinypic.com/jag8dx.jpg
it was the stop for the infinity ring but it had no way to register it. (so it is useless to pull it out if you have the same problem)
Then I tried to unscrew the focal lenght ring near the diaphragm ring and I found the 4-5 screws (yellow arrows) that permits to register the distance from the focal plane. I carefully unscrewed a bit and checking on the camera I set the infinity.
I reassembled all and now the lens is perfect!
Bye
Luca
Canon FD 35-70 2.8-3.5 disassembled

Aerowoof
Tinkerer
Username: Aerowoof

Post Number: 60

Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2013 - 09:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

good info,picture helps

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration