Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Electro 35 Battery Connection... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Yashica Electro 35 Battery Connection Issue « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mlewis
Tinkerer
Username: Mlewis

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2013 - 11:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello all. Glad to have found this forum.

Regarding my Yashica Electro 35(GT), I decided to finally repair it. All of the lamps (over, under, and battery test function) are working. I did replace the P.O.D., since the shutter speeds were not responding properly. Afterwards, I placed the battery and fastened its cover down and the over, under, and battery test function lamps seemed to no longer work. At first, I thought maybe the wires from the battery compartment had been jostled a bit to much while replacing the P.O.D., and it had lost connection. I then unscrewed the battery cover only about 1-2 threads distance out from the bottom plate, then tested the over, under, and battery test lamps and they are working again along with everything else, but only if the battery cover is not tightened up flush.

I would like to tighten the battery cover more flush at some point to avoid it coming loose .... any insights?

Aerowoof
Tinkerer
Username: Aerowoof

Post Number: 68

Posted on Monday, February 18, 2013 - 12:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

sounds like you are shorting someting out when fully tighted or there is some corrosion in the threads and not getting good contact when tightened down.I had a slr recently that looked like it had adead meter but saw some white in the threads of the battery cover.A quick cleaning and all good

Nickon51
Tinkerer
Username: Nickon51

Post Number: 154

Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 06:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Drop the battery cover in white vinegar for a few minutes. Clean the contacts at the top of the battery compartment as well. Often the white wire at the top is so corroded that it will just fall off.

Cheers
Greg Nixon

Mlewis
Tinkerer
Username: Mlewis

Post Number: 2

Posted on Saturday, March 02, 2013 - 11:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I cleaned everything with vinegar. The top of the battery compartment connection did also look a bit corroded, but it is back to working normal for now.
Thanks for both comments.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration