Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Industar 61 lens cleaning Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Industar 61 lens cleaning « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Fallisphoto
Tinkerer
Username: Fallisphoto

Post Number: 297

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, February 18, 2013 - 04:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've been trying to take the front lens element off of an Industar 61. If I try to unscrew it, the lens hits a plate surrounding the lens. Does this plate unscrew or is it glued in? I'm asking because my friction wrench doesn't want to budge it.

Prasanna
Tinkerer
Username: Prasanna

Post Number: 86

Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 06:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It has been some time since I worked on the N61s. I recall that one may have to remove the aperture ring in order to remove the front element. In the old lenses that is often very difficult, as these screws holding the aperture ring are tiny and jammed too. So, I avoid taking the front element out; I clean the front group from the back through the aperture and front as is. As the groups are sealed the inner surfaces are usually clean. Only the outer surfaces may need cleaning. I hope this helps.

John_cribbin
Tinkerer
Username: John_cribbin

Post Number: 17

Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 09:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The I61 is a really easy lens to work on - provided the screws are not seized. Here's a link with lots of lens strip info. There are 2-3 variations on the lens from memory, but the differences are minimal.

http://pentax-manuals.com/repairs.htm

Fallisphoto
Tinkerer

Post Number: 298

Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 08:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks. I just need to clean the back of the front lens group, so I'm going in through the back.

Fallisphoto
Tinkerer

Post Number: 299

Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 08:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks! I just need to clean some dust off of the lenses, so I'll be going in through the back.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration