Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rollei lens compatibility Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Rollei lens compatibility « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Novembersierra
Tinkerer
Username: Novembersierra

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 03:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello!

I was wondering abount the compatibility of the Rollei 75mm lenses: in my opinion, they all mount on similar shutters so it should be good as long as you swap the viewing lens too: is this possibile?

For example are the threads of the early compurs (1/300) the same as the later compur rapids and synchro compurs?

Does this apply to 'Flexes too?
Thanks.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1279

Posted on Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 06:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i think you should be able to swap Tessars and Xenars pretty freely among Rolleis, and I think you should also be able to swap between Planars and Xenotars. I'm not sure if you can swap a Tessar for a Planar, though, I've never tried it. As you suggest, the viewing lens should also be part of the swap, and you may need to adjust the infinity stop.

Novembersierra
Tinkerer

Post Number: 6

Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 05:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I read somewhere that Xenotars (3.5 version) use a bigger shutter, so they shouldn't be swapp-able with earlier models or rolleicord lenses. This should be true also because they're mounted on Bay 2 (larger bayonet) cameras instead of Bay 1. However I'm really disappointed about the aperture blades: on my '37 Compur there are 10 beautiful blades while on postwar Sychros they have 5, am I correct?

Brcamera
Tinkerer
Username: Brcamera

Post Number: 249

Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 10:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The 3.5 Rolleiflex cameras all use the same size Compur #00 shutter, whether it is a Planar, a Xenotar, Tessar or Xenar lens. Of course, the 2.8 models use the Compur #0 size shutter..
Bill

Hanskerensky
Tinkerer
Username: Hanskerensky

Post Number: 241

Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 11:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Once upon a time i tried swapping the Xenar on a Rolleicord III against a 3.5 Xenotar. Didn't succeed however. The Xenotar could be mounted allright but it turned out that its focal length was shorter then that of the original Xenar and i didn't get infinity focus with the lensboard fully retracted.

Might give that a try once more in the future once i opened up the sides of the Rolleicord to access the focus mechanism.

Novembersierra
Tinkerer

Post Number: 7

Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 02:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That should be fixed by adjusting the focus mechanism right?

The problem however could be that, since the two lenses must have the same fl, swapping the viewing lens might be impossible as they're (all?) f2.8 and not 3.2 (and too large to screw in the hole of the lens board?)
I don't know, just wondering.

Hanskerensky
Tinkerer
Username: Hanskerensky

Post Number: 242

Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 11:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It would be the idea to keep the original 3.2 Heidosmat or one of the spares that i have. Nothing wrong with that as long as focal distance is about the same as that of the taking lens.

Novembersierra
Tinkerer

Post Number: 8

Posted on Friday, March 01, 2013 - 02:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hehe, that's cool, but I don't have all that spares to try :-)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration