Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta SRT 101 back problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Minolta SRT 101 back problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Aerowoof
Tinkerer
Username: Aerowoof

Post Number: 71

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 05:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a srt that someone has taken the top off and it will not shoot and the back will not open.I would like to see what is going on and use this as a learning tool.Is there anyway to get the back open when you cannot open it with the rewind crank?any way to remove the hinge pin?suggestions?the meter works.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 492

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 06:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'll have to assume that the rewinder shaft is still in the camera. Look around it to see what type of back opening lever arrangement there is, and either pull up on the shaft, or the lever. If the shaft is missing (and your description does not state that it is), then you may be able to hook the lever with a gasket removal tool. Unless this camera has a bottom opening latch, or one that is a slide bar on the end of the body.

I have to ask, did you buy up the remains of a going-out-of-business camera shop?

PF

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration