Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Another Autoreflex T with a Dead Meter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Another Autoreflex T with a Dead Meter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jagstang
Tinkerer
Username: Jagstang

Post Number: 9

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 09:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So, having gotten over my Autoreflex T3 being a total dud, I set out to find a replacement. And by complete luck this week I came across an Autoreflex T (NOT A T2). Except once again the meter doesn't work. The bottom contact on the battery compartment is loose. No continuity between this contact and ground. My understanding is some spring or something has come loose?

I know on the T2 you don't need to pull the mirror box, but is this still the case for the T? Mine has three screws on a collar that is around the battery compartment and I was wondering if this might allow me to pull the compartment. Here is hoping this one doesn't have a terminal problem like the last...

Aerowoof
Tinkerer
Username: Aerowoof

Post Number: 72

Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 05:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

sound like you have the same problem I have and tho it is not marked a t2 sounds as if it is by the desrciption.the t2 were still marked Autoreflex T

Jagstang
Tinkerer
Username: Jagstang

Post Number: 10

Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 07:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nope, it's the T. Has the over ride switch on the shutter speed dial and on/off switch to the left of the viewfinder window. Kind of hoping it might have been some running change though if the configuration of the battery chamber sounds like the T2 you have.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration