Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mamiya ZE2 Rewind Knob Come off and S... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Mamiya ZE2 Rewind Knob Come off and Shaft Fallen Inside. . . « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Floydking
Tinkerer
Username: Floydking

Post Number: 13

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, March 10, 2013 - 08:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi!

The title tells it all really except that the door was shut firmly at the time. Does anyone know how I can open it please? Then I can obviously retrieve the shaft and screw the rewind knob back on.

Many Thanks.

Sillyconguru
Tinkerer
Username: Sillyconguru

Post Number: 46

Posted on Sunday, March 10, 2013 - 09:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You should be able to insert something like a crochet hook into the hole and lift up the release lever that's just inside.

Msiegel
Tinkerer
Username: Msiegel

Post Number: 333

Posted on Monday, March 11, 2013 - 04:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Many cameras have a built in "rescue" for those cases. You can often push the latch up when you remove the bottom plate. But I'm not sure if your camera has it as well. If not you have to try to catch it from above as Sillyconguru already has said.

Thepurush
Tinkerer
Username: Thepurush

Post Number: 80

Posted on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - 11:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes Msigel is right. Ir would be extermely bad design of the camera if the latch cannot be accessesble from bottom. For every camera the posibility of the ROD falling inside is always there during repairs. Its highly improbable that Mamiya can overlook such posibilities.

Floydking
Tinkerer
Username: Floydking

Post Number: 14

Posted on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - 11:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks all for so much help and for telling me something I had never come across before - the very sensible sounding 'latch'. Also thanks 'Silyconguru' for your crochet hook, I had been wondering if I could do something with a bit of an old, thin metal coat hanger but it was still too thick.

Wrong forum I know but put a piece of slightly 'bendy' metal coathanger (about 10" - 1 ft.) into an electric drill bit and you will find that you can unblock drains in less than a second. I've managed to unblock both of mine in the past year (sink and wash-basin). The Point: Save on plumbers' bills and buy more Film photo gear!!!!

If there are any plumbers around here, then I'm sorry!

I'll let you know about the camera later, many thanks again!

Thepurush
Tinkerer
Username: Thepurush

Post Number: 81

Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2013 - 12:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have seen the photo of this camera just now. Its like a typical one. So if you open the top cover, you can directly access the latch, and by pulling it up the door opens. That is all you need.
In reality the rod which fell iside also does the same job when u open door normally by pulling rewind knob.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration