Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Original Canon F1 rewind assembly Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Original Canon F1 rewind assembly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Meade
Tinkerer
Username: Meade

Post Number: 11

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 11:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Recently purchased an original F1. Everything works well on it but I have one issue I am looking to fix. The rewind assembly seems to be set off just a little and there is a gasket hanging down on the rewind rod. I did shoot a roll with no issues but would like to get the assembly straight and the gasket back in the correct place...........thanks.F1 rewind assembly
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brcamera
Tinkerer
Username: Brcamera

Post Number: 254

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 07:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Your camera has had impact damage done to the rewind assembly. You'll need to do some disassembly and straighten out the rewind bushing that supports the rewind shaft. You might be able to get by removing the rewind knob and shaft and then inserting a rod and VERY carefully tapping the rod to straighten out the bushing. Better way but more work would be to replace the bushing but that takes a lot more removal of parts..
Bill

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration