Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Super ikonta 530/2 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Super ikonta 530/2 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Pixsellpix
Tinkerer
Username: Pixsellpix

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 12:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there anyone out there who can help with this question please?
I have aquired 2 super ikontas, but the earlier model with the push down shutter release has a slight problem. The rangefinder is out of alignment at infinity. I can easily focus on objects from about close to about a third into the scene. Can i adjust the rangefinder with the focusing wheel, or do i have to put some paper at the back of the camera and focus like this?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Cooltouch
Tinkerer
Username: Cooltouch

Post Number: 242

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 12:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That arm that sticks up with the lens on the end has, as its lens, a rotating prism, which is that portion of the rangefinder used to bring the double subject together. I've never adjusted one of these rangefinders before, but I suspect that its right there that will need the tweaking. Try doing a bit of googling on the subject of "rangefinder adjustment" or "rangefinder collimation" for the 530/2 and you might find some info on how to proceed. They're fine old cameras -- hope you get it working again.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration