Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

HELP!!! Shutter speed/ASA coupling s... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » HELP!!! Shutter speed/ASA coupling string on SRT 201 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chrisb
Tinkerer
Username: Chrisb

Post Number: 25

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 21, 2013 - 12:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have run into a problem with the meter on my SRT 201. It seems the 'reference circle' (following needle?) is out of adjustment, according to what two different sources say it's supposed to be doing (Tomosy and Mike's Photography Page http://www.willegal.net/photo/photo-first_page.htm).

UNfortunately and to my dismay, none of the sources I checked before undertaking this little project made specific recommendations as to how to set the camera before removing the speed/ASA dial, so I set it to "B" and ASA 100. After numerous times on and off with the dial trying to be sure I wasn't doing something wrong in reinstalling it, I have discovered that the little pulley system at the rewind knob is winding up all the slack as soon as the dial is removed. It does its job so smoothly and quietly that only just now have I realized what was happening.

Nowhere in any of the reading I've done does it warn of this!!!

At this point I am mentally taxed and more than a bit exasperated. I'm hoping someone can confirm for me that I'm on the right track with the following (or offer the real solution if I'm wrong):

- If I'm not mistaken, it's only the ASA that has been effected, and towards the top of the range i.e. the 6400 end. Is there any slack in the system, or is the coupling system now transmitting ASA 6400 (or something very close to that) to the meter?

- If it is now reading beyond 6400, how to go about getting everything back as it should be?

- For some reason, the last 2 or 3 times reinstalling the speed/ASA dial assembly, the speed and ASA disks have not seated in the dial nice and flat, but instead are slightly askew. I don't know what's changed that it's now doing that but I find it unsightly. Any thoughts?

Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration