Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica Auto S1.6 Wiring Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Konica Auto S1.6 Wiring « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Leonwolf
Tinkerer
Username: Leonwolf

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 03:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've basically rebuilt my Konica Auto S1.6 and its my first time ever attempting something like that. I've fixed the advance lever, stuck shutter, self timer, and corrected shutter speeds, so I only need to solderer the wires back. I know I should have sketched what wires go where but I didnt. I know the blue and black wires power the lightmeter, but where does the yellow wire go?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Neuberger
Tinkerer
Username: Neuberger

Post Number: 76

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, March 30, 2013 - 04:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, there are usually five wires altogether, in clockwise direction, starting from the red battery test pin: blue - green , black/black - red.
The yellow wire is a bit thicker in diameter goes to the flash terminal in the front plate, which seems to be the case if I am reading your pic correctly. But I cant't help thinking that the visible loose end of that same wire should be leading to the flash sync contats in the shutter assembly's innards. Try out if the flash socket is working. With a resistance meter is it easy to find out if the two ends are elctrically identical.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration