Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zenit-122, Curtain ribbon repair. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Zenit-122, Curtain ribbon repair. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Zanxion72
Tinkerer
Username: Zanxion72

Post Number: 23

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 12:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Recently one of the ribbons of the curtain of my Zenit-122 had came off:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nkarytianos/8584550207/

I know that this is non an expensive camera, and it is cheaper to buy a new body than sending it for CLA, but I was wondering if it is something that could be fixed easily by me. Is there any information available on how to do this?

Thank you very much in advance.

Msiegel
Tinkerer
Username: Msiegel

Post Number: 335

Posted on Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 03:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

try this site:
http://jay.fedka.com/index_files/Page466.htm

not a Zenit 122 but the Zorki shutter is more or less the same. Disassembly of the body will be a little bit different. Also the Zenit 122 has a different shutter speed dial.
Jay's description of the shutter is very detailed and with many photos.
Good luck!

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 517

Posted on Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 11:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've got a Zenit E with the same problem, and found a site with teardown instructions. I'll have to search my favorites to find it. Though the guts of the Zenit cameras are not much different than a Zorki, which they were derived from, there are some things to watch out for.
PF

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 518

Posted on Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 11:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Found it. Lots of good info on Zenit, just scroll down the left side of the page.
http://tomtiger.home.xs4all.nl/index.html
PF

Zanxion72
Tinkerer

Post Number: 24

Posted on Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 01:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Many thanks for the info.
I have found a lot for opening up the upper part of the camera, but nothing on opening the lower part and removing the curtain.
It seems as if getting another one is the only option.

Msiegel
Tinkerer
Username: Msiegel

Post Number: 336

Posted on Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 06:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just saw you joined the Zenit Camera Group on Yahoo. There's a lot of experience there and I'm sure somebody will reply. Unfortunately I have never taken my 12XP apart. Besides minor details the Zenits have not changed much - especially since the Zenit TTL.
I don't thing there's much under the bottom plate of the 122.
Martin

Zanxion72
Tinkerer

Post Number: 27

Posted on Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 07:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Many thanks for the tip! I will try to find whatever I can for the 12XP and try to apply it on my 122.

Thepurush
Tinkerer
Username: Thepurush

Post Number: 88

Posted on Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 08:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look at this page.

http://aki-asahi.com/store/html/shutter-curtain/inst/02.html

You will get an idea as to how curtains are asembled from scratch. It shd be helpful in providing background knowledge.

Zanxion72
Tinkerer

Post Number: 28

Posted on Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 11:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you! I think I will give it a go this weekend. I hope I will be able to put things back correctly.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration