Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Hasselblad body not closing lens shut... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Hasselblad body not closing lens shutter completley « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark2000
Tinkerer
Username: Mark2000

Post Number: 16

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 11:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My latest roll on my Hasselblad 500c came back sporadically unexposed. I took the camera to my local film shop and we tested it out for a few minutes. During mirror lock up we can see that the lens shutter is not closing completely every time. This may be the problem. The thing is we think it's the body that's at fault because we tested another body and it was fine. Any idea on what would need to be fixed in the body to make the lens shutter work properly?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brcamera
Tinkerer
Username: Brcamera

Post Number: 258

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 12:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you have determined that the problem is with the body, the first thing that I check is the rear blinds. They are the most fragile and likely cause of problems with most Hasselblad bodies. Easy to check-remove magazine and lens, cock the mechanism (wind), look through back of body and press and hold the release button. The back blinds should snap fully open and stay there until you remove your finger from the shutter release button. If the blinds move slowly then the problem is a gummed up blind mechanism or broken blind spring.

If the blinds are snappy, then the issue is most likely in the winding key mechanism which can also get gummed up..

Bill

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration