Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Paxette reassembly Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Paxette reassembly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tawnyman
Tinkerer
Username: Tawnyman

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 01:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi folks, my first post. I'm attempting to reassemble my Paxette (model 1M is the best description I can find, it has an uncoupled rangefinder, prontor svs shutter and pointar lens. And winding lever version) after cleaning up the viewfinder and rangefinder. No, I haven't undone that centre screw of the winding lever! But I can't seem to work out how to get the rewind lever back on correctly, so that it winds properly and the lever returns. In particular what position the spring under the winder should be and the state of the shutter.
Maybe as a way of getting to that point someone could explain how the tab/lever part and the gear/winding part work? I'm guessing the gears 'wind up' the shutter but what part does the lever play that intrudes into the lens? Any insights into this would be gratefully received! Thanks Julian

top view
winder

Lrsnrl
Tinkerer
Username: Lrsnrl

Post Number: 28

Posted on Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 09:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The lever that portrudes into the lens housing
mates up with another lever that cocks the
shutter. The "design" you see on the frame ad-
vance knob is actually a cam that moves the steel
rod that is sitting on top of the two gears to
the right on your picture. This causes the lever
portruding into the lens to cock the shutter.

Hi_country_flash
Tinkerer
Username: Hi_country_flash

Post Number: 21

Posted on Saturday, April 06, 2013 - 09:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tawnyman , Do a search here on Paxette lever --there are at least two threads that tell and show pictures of how to put the little bugger back togeather. They are very informative, I got mine fixed using it.

Tawnyman
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, April 07, 2013 - 03:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for those responses. So the gear part is purely for moving the film on then? Yes, I've had a look at those threads, I'll have to study them again. It's my first Paxette and it's a really solid, compact little camera, one I think I'm going to enjoy using. Other than the tiny viewfinder! Julian

Tawnyman
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Monday, April 08, 2013 - 03:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

After studying the post 'Super Paxette : Winder Reassembly' and the camera itself I finally managed to figure it out and get it back together. Unfortunately I also managed to snap the tiny tab off that connects to the internal spring, so I have no automatic return on the winder, not a huge problem but I shall keep an eye out for a spare winder assembly. Any donations very welcome if you have a spare one! Thanks for the help on this, I can get shooting with this Paxette now. Julian

Tawnyman
Tinkerer

Post Number: 5

Posted on Monday, April 08, 2013 - 03:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've added a post in the very useful Swap Zone part of this forum to see if anyone might have one of these.

Hi_country_flash
Tinkerer
Username: Hi_country_flash

Post Number: 23

Posted on Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 03:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you meaning that you have broken the black shaft that slides back and forth to cock the shutter? The one showing in the first picture? I think that it is probably the same on the non rapid advance ( knob type winder) Paxettes. If that is the part you need I have one.

Tawnyman
Tinkerer

Post Number: 6

Posted on Monday, April 15, 2013 - 10:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No, it's the part that must be inside the advance assembly and would attach to the return spring inside. All you can see from the outside is a tiny tab about 2mm square which locates into the body of the camera. Repeated moving it resulted in it snapping. Thanks Julian

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration