Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Agfa Solinette II Help Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Agfa Solinette II Help « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lsuar
Tinkerer
Username: Lsuar

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, April 08, 2013 - 02:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Everyone!

My wonderful father in law to be has allowed me to fix/use his uncles Agfa solinette 2. I am COMPLETELY NEW to camera repair. The focus ring was of course stuck, so we used some degreaser (the kind in a spray can with straw) and it now moves. I wanted to make sure it was all gone and it looked like some of it may have gotten on the shutter blades, so I looked up ways to clean the shutter. I got as far as removing some of the front pieces and can now see some of the "innards" but am now totally at a loss as what to do. I have no idea how to completely remove it, and Not sure what I should use to clean it, how exactly to do this, and then what I need to do to it after it has been cleaned to make sure everything is in working order! If anyone can offer any help it would be greatly appreciated! I took pictures of everything as I removed it (i'm not dummy!) so if I need to upload any of them let me know! I appreciate in advance any help! Thanks!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lsuar
Tinkerer
Username: Lsuar

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, April 08, 2013 - 02:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh yea! The shutter is a Prontor SV.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration