Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus OM4ti - Sticking mirror Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Olympus OM4ti - Sticking mirror « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Cymruchris
Tinkerer
Username: Cymruchris

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 02:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've recently picked up an Olympus OM4ti along with a few accessories. There were a couple of issues when I inspected it, firstly the previous owner had managed to superglue the back closed while trying to restick the leatherette.. That's now released and everything on that front is fine..

Now for the tricky..

I know the camera has a 'manual' no battery use mode for B and 1/60th of a second.

In the no battery 1/60th of a second mode, the camera operates normally - and can even be fired by the winder, which the instructions say it can't.

Press the button - up goes the mirror, down goes the mirror, wind on. Perfect.

Now when I take the camera back into 'Normal' operation mode, Auto or Manual - doesn't matter what shutter speed or aperture, I wind on, activate the shutter, the mirror goes up, and stays there.

The only way I can get it to drop, is by pressing the lock button, and sliding the shutter speed ring back to the manual 1/60th setting.

The batteries are new this evening. I've checked the manual. I've searched online. Am I supposed to do anything when new batteries are inserted? Any kind of reset?

Has anyone come across a similar issue?

I find it unusual that in 'non-battery mechanical mode' it operated normally - but in normal mode with fresh batteries the mirror sticks up on every exposure... They are SR44 batteries by the way not LR44 batteries - as I believe this can also make a difference...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration