Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica 35CC meter adjustment? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Yashica 35CC meter adjustment? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Shawn
Tinkerer
Username: Shawn

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 11:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Has anyone adjusted the meter on a Yashica 35CC? I have one that the meter appears to underexpose by about 2 stops. That is based on judging where the under 1/30 second warning light turns on for a given ISO and F stop.

Right now I have a piece of exposed film taped over the light meter to act as a ND filter. It has the exposure in the ballpark but I'd like to adjust it properly. My understanding is there is a resistor inline with the meter and it can be swapped out to change metering. Any hints on where that is in a 35cc?

I just went through this with a Konica Auto S1.6 and it had a variable resistor to dial this in.

Shawn
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Shawn
Tinkerer
Username: Shawn

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 03:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I found this post...

https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/forum/messages/2/11357.html

and decided to try working with the potentiometer and resistor shown in there. There are two other potentiometers on the other side of the base, I don't know what they are so I didn't touch them.

I ended up swapping the 135kOhm resistor out for a 27kOhm and adjusted the pot so that the low light warning would come on at the right F stop as measured by a light meter. I tried it indoors in multiple lighting conditions at different ISOs and it was fairly consistent. This also altered shutter speed. Before with the lens cap on it was still taking a fairly fast exposure, maybe 1/2 a second. Now it holds the shutter open for multiple seconds.

Shooting a test roll of Tri-X now. Outdoors it seems like it is going to overexpose based on where the overexposure warning light kicks in.

Shawn

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration