Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Miranda Sensorex Rewind Release Butto... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Miranda Sensorex Rewind Release Button repair « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Noel3213
Tinkerer
Username: Noel3213

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 09:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello everyone, I have a Miranda Sensorex, got it from a thrift store for dirty cheap. Camera is in pretty decent conditions other than some dirt I cleaned out from the viewfinder after taking it apart. Everything works, with the exclusion of the film rewind release button on the bottom. It doesn't click in when I want to rewind my film, instead, I have to hold it down, while rewinding the film. I love this camera, and I don't want to throw it away, any help on fixing it?

Removing the bottom plate of the camera is a little bit of a puzzle in itself, I got 4 screws out, but it wouldn't come out.

John_s
Tinkerer
Username: John_s

Post Number: 117

Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 10:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've got a slightly older Miranda, and you have to keep the button pressed down whilst rewinding. Perhaps this is normal behavior for them.

Waynemel
Tinkerer
Username: Waynemel

Post Number: 441

Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 06:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

With the Sensorex, you shouldn't have to hold the button down while rewinding.
The 4 screws on the bottom are all that need to be removed. I suspect the bottom plate on your camera is stuck. Try treating the edges with some naphta to loosen whatever is making it stick.
When you get the bottom off, have a look at the button. It will be loose so don't lose it. It should sit in place while holding back a spring loaded arm.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration