Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Praktina FX disassembly Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Praktina FX disassembly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jdvores
Tinkerer
Username: Jdvores

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 05:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm trying to clean up a Praktina FX and am having trouble taking off the top cover. I took off the shutter release collar, the lens mount lockring, the rewind knob and the screw underneath the auxiliary finder.

What else is there? How do I do it?
And does anyone know where the speed mechanisms are? Top or bottom?

I searched this in the forum and the only thread about disassembling a Praktina wasn't helpful.

Davejb
Tinkerer
Username: Davejb

Post Number: 1

Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2013 - 02:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You don't mention the wind/cocking knob. I don't have my notes with me but if it not off already, you should be able to unscrew it by holding on the the drive-dog for the motor drive (underneath). There should be 4 screws holding the top plate, plus the one you have removed under the finder. The plate isn't easy to remove: try to lift it from the back.

The speed control is at the top. It is a delay mechanism for the 2nd curtain.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1300

Posted on Monday, April 29, 2013 - 04:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The dials under the wind and rewind knobs are held with spanner nuts - they have to come off to reveal the 4 screws on top. Watch for a bucket full of little shim washers under the shutter speed dial.

I have some notes on the Praktina if you'd like them: rick_oleson@yahoo.com

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration