Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Prontor SVS problem (self-inflicted)... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Prontor SVS problem (self-inflicted) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tawnyman
Tinkerer
Username: Tawnyman

Post Number: 7

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, May 07, 2013 - 02:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi there. Whilst cleaning the rear element of a Super Paxette (fixed lens version) I stupidly let go of the shutter (it was on B setting for doing the cleaning). This trapped the lens tissue in the shutter blades. To make matters worse I then tried recocking the shutter to try to open the blades up again but it tripped immediately on cocking. So I was forced to gently remove the tissue. I dont think there's any damage to the blades but the camera now fires as soon as it's cocked. Is there an easy way to 'reset' the shutter or is it a complete dismantle job? I have done a dismantle and clean of an svs before, on a Paxina 29, so I'm familiar with the basics. Thanks, Julian

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1303

Posted on Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 04:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm not sure what would be causing the prefire, but I expect it will require opening it up to look. A bit of the tissue might have been dragged into the works by the blades (though I'm having trouble visualizing exactly how) and gotten into the way of something. A prefire is caused by the trigger latch failing to engage - usually this is a matter of the cocking lever not having gone far enough to engage the latch, but it could be caused by an obstruction as well.

Tawnyman
Tinkerer
Username: Tawnyman

Post Number: 8

Posted on Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 07:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Rick. It was one of those carl zeiss lens wipes, they don't tear easily but I shall do a dismantle and have a look. Next time I'll use a lockable cable release!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration