Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pathé WEBO M cameras Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Pathé WEBO M cameras « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Socket
Tinkerer
Username: Socket

Post Number: 8

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 03, 2013 - 11:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Peekaboo!

It was a rather hard way of learning but now I’m through with it. These cameras are unrepairable.

The front is attached to the main frame by four screws alone. No positioning pins. One blow can throw it out of its best position and block the gear train. One must know that the shutter drive gear and an intermediary gear to the claw drive both engage with two worm gears on the governor, a triple thread one and a six thread one, so one has to find best mesh with the mechanism running and then, one by one, tighten the screws.

There’s a lot more of cheaply made things. For instance, the prism is tucked in between cork pieces. The positive lens before the prism is clamped only between two prongs of the prism aluminum cover. Axles must be readjusted after having been removed. The release bolt scratches hard on its lever, a little roller wouldn’t have been a luxury. And so on

The basic design provides a very steady housing on tripods plus it’s got a very low put optical axis. But there are so many vague and weak mountings, to say nothing of the horrible screws, that I have given up. One single camera have I finished. Never more

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration