Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Need help with Hasselblad 500 ELX Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Need help with Hasselblad 500 ELX « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Freddenacka
Tinkerer
Username: Freddenacka

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 06:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Halo
I borowed this from a friend and did have some problme to get the lens on becaus I didnīt know that the battery had to be on.
The back cover donīt go back when it shuld be opened.

Dirbel
Tinkerer
Username: Dirbel

Post Number: 96

Posted on Thursday, June 06, 2013 - 10:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It looks like the mirror is locked in the upward position.

What is the position of the mode switch (the one marked 'AS' 'S' 'O' 'S' 'RS')? For normal operation it should be in the '0' position.
The switch located on the motor/battery unit should be in the center ('o') position.

If you push the shutter release button now, the mirror should come down. Then you will be able to mount the lens.

Hope this helps,

Dirk

Brcamera
Tinkerer
Username: Brcamera

Post Number: 284

Posted on Thursday, June 06, 2013 - 05:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

From the photo, it looks like one of the rear traps is partially in the up position. Usually caused by broken trap spring or very sticky mechanism. Needs to be looked at by a technician as this is not a trivial issue if you have no experience with the repair.
Bill

Freddenacka
Tinkerer
Username: Freddenacka

Post Number: 5

Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 01:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Halo
I have been able to monte the lens and the problem are the rear traps that don't go all way back.
If I take a photo then it will hide half of the frame.
I have some experience but can't figure out how to adduce ore fix it.
Will probably leave it to an expert if no one can tel how to fix it.
I did assemble the ground glass but could not se anything from there.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration