Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

New Member with Question on Paxette R... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » New Member with Question on Paxette Repair « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jwcorey
Tinkerer
Username: Jwcorey

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, June 07, 2013 - 09:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello all - My First Post!

I'm in the process of working on a couple of Paxette cameras [pre rapid advance lever]. I used a set of needle-nose pliers to remove the scalloped retaining ring that is exposed once the lens is removed. It worked, but obviously not the right tool for the job -left a couple of gouges in the ring. Would appreciate any pointers on how best to remove and re-install the ring. This is my first attempt at camera restoration/repair but am looking forward to the challenge.

Great Site!

Cheers

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 567

Posted on Friday, June 07, 2013 - 09:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Actually, that's what I use too. You just need to be more careful, and don't over squeeze them, which makes them slip.

PF

Davejb
Tinkerer
Username: Davejb

Post Number: 2

Posted on Saturday, June 08, 2013 - 02:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just turn it with a piece of wood or plastic: it shouldn't be very tight.

When you put it back, make sure you have the stepped side downward.

Jwcorey
Tinkerer
Username: Jwcorey

Post Number: 2

Posted on Saturday, June 08, 2013 - 05:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've been doing more browsing since my initial post and found descriptions for "friction tools" made from fender washers and PVC - will give them a try. And thanks for the note on the ring placement - mine was, of course, put in bass-akwards! A great opportunity to try out the friction tools!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration