Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Voigtlander vito c loose view window Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Voigtlander vito c loose view window « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Manmcg2012
Tinkerer
Username: Manmcg2012

Post Number: 18

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, June 14, 2013 - 04:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

does anyone know why the view window is moving..has it came loose inside the top housing,,, if so do i take the top housing off to see if anything needs tightend or is the screws on the side have anything to do with holding it firm in place

Lloydy
Tinkerer
Username: Lloydy

Post Number: 1

Posted on Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 05:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think it is fairly common on this camera, which is why I was given one.
I removed the top plate - two screws I believe? - and cleaned the old glue gunk off, then glued the viewfinder back in with strong double sided carpet tape, and a tiny bit of foam packing. From memory I taped the viewfinder to the top plate and used the foam underneath to maintain some pressure to keep it in place. It really was that simple, and effective.

Manmcg2012
Tinkerer
Username: Manmcg2012

Post Number: 41

Posted on Friday, July 12, 2013 - 01:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Where did you get the strong double sided tape

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration