Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax me super, shutter keeps sticki... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Pentax me super, shutter keeps sticking after repair « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Crabe919
Tinkerer
Username: Crabe919

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 12:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I've acquired a pentax me super a week ago, that suffered from the dreaded sticky shutter syndrome.
I'm by no means a camera repair man, but i'm quit handy, and it's actually my first camera repair.
I've opened up the camera and took the mirror box out. The shutter curtains move freely, but the mirror was sticking due to some rubber bumpers that went to goo. I've removed all 3 bumpers and cleaned the spots afterwards with some isopropyl alcohol and an earbud.

The shutter/mirror mechanism moved perfectly when the surgery was done, but this morning when i activated the shutter system on the mirrorbox before mounting it all back together, there was again a delay between the activation and the release of the mirror.

Anyone an idea of what i can do to get the mirror moving more freely?

I've lubed the slider and the pivot point where the primary bumper was with some silicone grease, and all seems to move fine without sticking.

Here is a link from on this forum where in found a great part to start the adventure of taking the lost me apart.

https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/forum/messages/2/22122.html?1313787961%20

and here is a direct link to the picture posted in the thread showing the mechanism:

http://s384.photobucket.com/user/hand666/media/DSC09470.jpg.html

I did remove all 3 bumpers shown in the post because they where all sticky, but din't put any new bumper back, because they are only needed to reduce the noise.

If someone has some other tips, they would be appreciated!

Regards,

Adam

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration