Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Anyone done a teardown on a Fujinon 1... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Anyone done a teardown on a Fujinon 135mm 2.5? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dcshooter
Tinkerer
Username: Dcshooter

Post Number: 15

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2013 - 09:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a sample of this that has oily blades and fungus on the elements adjacent to the aperture.

I've managed to disassemble the helicoid (which also needed cleaning, but have been stymied in reaching the aperture from the front or back. The rear group appears to screw in but simply won't budge. I'll be applying some MEK tomorrow in the hopes that the problem is just threadlocker.

I've also removed the first two elements from the front of the lens, which were held in a typical trim ring and spacer arrangement. But there is one more element directly in front of the aperture that is not held in by an obvious trim ring. The black front barrel looks like it should unscrew from the helical assembly, possibly pulling the retainer ring for this element with it, but I simply can't, for the life of me get the two halves to separate. Do they just screw together, or is there some trick?

Has anyone here successfully done a teardown of this lens and are willing to give some pointers? I've worked on other fuji lenses before, and this one has een the only one that's stumped me so far.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration