Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta AL-F Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Minolta AL-F « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jackbell
Tinkerer
Username: Jackbell

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 02:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,I've recently acquired a Minolta AL-F rangefinder camera to go with my Pentax SLR's.It has the usual fault of a disconnected red wire from the battery holder,I thought with my very limited knowledge of electrics that it would be a simple case of soldering the wire back on to the 'tag' located about 12 o'clock on the battery compartment.Thing is it (the tag) will not take the solder and I'm beginning to wonder if it was ever soldered here at all.Can any owner tell me how this wire is attached to the tag or any other helpful information.

Thanks Jack
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jon_goodman
Tinkerer
Username: Jon_goodman

Post Number: 55

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 07, 2013 - 06:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sometimes it is very difficult to get solder to join these tag pieces. My suggestion would be to remove the holder, clean the tag well and then use Stay-Brite solder and Stay-Brite flux. This stuff certainly isn't cheap (it is a silver bearing solder), but it is good. I've used it for years to repair watch cases (which are also sometimes very difficult to solder).
Jon

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration