Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Compur B/T settings don't work Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Compur B/T settings don't work « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mr_flibble
Tinkerer
Username: Mr_flibble

Post Number: 108

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, July 18, 2013 - 07:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hans! HELP! ;)

Whilst cleaning the Compur on my Welta Weltax I think I've misaligned something during re-assembly.
The shutter works okay for the instant speeds, but not for Time and Bulb settings.

When I press the release lever the shutter starts to open, but halfway through the lever's travel something slips and the shutter opening closes again.

The shutter lever does also not return to its start position all the way without help.

Any help appreciated, as usual :-)

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 610

Posted on Thursday, July 18, 2013 - 08:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rick, have you checked the actions to make sure all the blocking dogs mate correctly with their opposing parts? One problem with older Compurs' is the levers can get deformed over the years, and not make proper contact. I had one that refused to hold the charge when cocking the shutter, and found out the B lever wasn't blocking the other levers at all. A few slight adjustments, and it was all good.

PF

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1335

Posted on Thursday, July 18, 2013 - 05:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you take a digital photo of the works before starting the disassembly? My guess is that you've got one of the hair springs hooked on in the wrong place on the T/B levers.

Mr_flibble
Tinkerer
Username: Mr_flibble

Post Number: 110

Posted on Friday, July 19, 2013 - 06:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The image of the prontar shutter below indicates more or less where the problem is on my Compur shutter.

The notched cam moves upward when I start to push down the shutter release. But about halfway the pin slips out of the notch in the cam, closing the shutter.

http://www.flibweb.nl/flibweb/cpg143/albums/userpics/10001/Shutter01.jpg

At this point I think Rick is right about a hairspring having come undone or bent out of shape somewhere in that area.

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 616

Posted on Friday, July 19, 2013 - 01:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Some of those springs are surprisingly easy to knock out of place. I spent an extra hour or so once figuring that out.

PF

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration