Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Petri 7S - Shutter Problems Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Petri 7S - Shutter Problems « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lausamuel
Tinkerer
Username: Lausamuel

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, July 20, 2013 - 11:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,

so I recently bought a cheap petri 7S, wanting to learn manual/film photography. however, as I started fidgeting with the lens, the shutter release button stopped working.

Whenever I pull the lever to advance film it makes a big clunking sound and then leaves the blades fully open, and when I press on the shutter nothing happens. Could it be the switch thing on the lens next to X-M switch?

Thanks,
Sam
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Michael_linn
Tinkerer
Username: Michael_linn

Post Number: 91

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, July 20, 2013 - 01:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's usually the fifty year old lubrication in the shutter and release train. The camera needs to be disassembled, cleaned, and re-lubed.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration