Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Flexaret VI- Broken film advance nob Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Flexaret VI- Broken film advance nob « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nikoniko17
Tinkerer
Username: Nikoniko17

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, July 24, 2013 - 04:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

Im having a problem with my Flexarets film advancing nob. I just bought it and the film advance turning nob is stuck. I can only turn it when I pull it out(to load a reel). But as soon as I pop it back into place it doesnt turn. Is the camera busted? Or is it some kind of safety feature and I need to push something to make it turn? Thank you in advance for any help.

Msiegel
Tinkerer
Username: Msiegel

Post Number: 354

Posted on Thursday, July 25, 2013 - 04:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Your Flexaret uses the film counter for "deciding" if film can be advanced and the shutter released.
If the counters are not set to the starting position film advance will be blocked.
Find a manual for the VII at Mike Butkus site here:
http://www.butkus.org/chinon/flexaret/flexaret_vii/flexaret_vii.htm

Don't forget to leave a donation if the manual is helpful. The VI and VII should be very much alike so that the manual should have all the info. There is also a manual for the IVa on Mike's website so maybe combined info of those two manuals can help on.
http://www.butkus.org/chinon/flexaret/flexaret_iva/flexaret_iva.htm

Hope it helps.

Nikoniko17
Tinkerer
Username: Nikoniko17

Post Number: 2

Posted on Friday, July 26, 2013 - 12:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you so much for the help Msiegel:-) I tried everything other than opening it up and checking it out. I think I may have to ship it off and get it fixed:-( again thank you for all of your help:-)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration