Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Vito b unstuck shutter,sticking again Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Vito b unstuck shutter,sticking again « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Manmcg2012
Tinkerer
Username: Manmcg2012

Post Number: 42

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, August 04, 2013 - 05:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,does anyone know how to keep the shutter from sticking,,it's a Vito b,,I unstuck the shutter,by rotating,the speed dial and sprocket wheel in film chamber..but when I trip the shutter it doesn't fully close,,the shutter release isn't doing anything,,I then have to repeat process to get shutter back,there's like a grinding noise when turning the speed dial until shutter in its open position, has anyone else had this problem

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1344

Posted on Sunday, August 04, 2013 - 08:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It sounds like the shutter needs cleaning. As for having to turn the sprocket wheel to reset it, that's normal for the Vito B.... but not closing fully sounds like the shutter is dirty inside. These get dirty easily, because Voit designed it with the greasy focusing helical sharing space with the escapement and blades. These want to be dry and oil-free to run right. I have notes on how to get in there to clean it, write if you'd like a copy: [email protected]

Manmcg2012
Tinkerer
Username: Manmcg2012

Post Number: 43

Posted on Sunday, August 04, 2013 - 01:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,rick will,u post the notes,,are they hard to clean the shutter,I assume it involves taking off the top (thanks)sean

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1345

Posted on Sunday, August 04, 2013 - 02:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No, but if you email I'll send you a copy. I don't think you need to take the top off, you go in the front.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration