Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus pen FT Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Olympus pen FT « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mirrorballman
Tinkerer
Username: Mirrorballman

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 02:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello everybody,

I live in France so I hope that you will be lenient with my english.

I have an Olympus pen Ft and everything but the cells works. Someone can help me to find a way to repair this part?

Julien
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

R_a_feldman
Tinkerer
Username: R_a_feldman

Post Number: 29

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, August 06, 2013 - 09:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There could be a number of problems: a wire could be broken, the meter could be blocked or frozen, the photocell could be bad.

A good set of instructions (in German) for taking the Pen FT apart are at http://olypedia.de/DEMO_an_PEN_FT . You first can take off the top plate to expose the meter and wiring so you can check for continuity in the circuit.

In 2005, Tony Duell posted information here about the meter in his Pen FT. He created the circuit diagramshown in one of the attached pictures. The resistor values he measure were:

Resistances :
LDR assembly, baffle removed, under normal workshop lighting
R-Gn : 130 Ohm
Bk-Gn : 1.88k
R-Bk : 2.1k

Presets (ARD's camera)
Front : 14k
Rear : 7k

You should be aware that there are differences between Pen FTs in the configuration of the metering circuit. I have attached a picture of the circuit in my camera.

Bob

Olympus Pen FT Meter Circuit (Tony Duell)
Olympus Pen FT Meter (1970)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration