Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Replace Panasonic DMC TZ3 CCD sensor Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Replace Panasonic DMC TZ3 CCD sensor « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Willcorliss
Tinkerer
Username: Willcorliss

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, August 12, 2013 - 06:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello. I LCD on my camera suddenly went dark and purple. After watching this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coM_V7kgty8

I became convinced the ccd sensor is bad. My question regards the fluid the narrator applies to the new sensor and back-plate. Unfortunately I don't speak German, the language of the film (I think) so I wonder if someone can tell me whether it is an adhesive and, if so, whether it is a special type or even and standard type - that is, what kind it is. The segment that shows the application of the adhesive appears at the 3:06 mark.

Thanks!
Will

Michael_linn
Tinkerer
Username: Michael_linn

Post Number: 97

Posted on Monday, August 12, 2013 - 11:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Someday, off into the future, when your camera becomes a classic camera, we may have something here about it on the Classic Camera Repair Forum.

We are still debating lubricants from the 1950's and 60's.

Until then, you will have to do as we do here, and throw it away and buy another.

Willcorliss
Tinkerer
Username: Willcorliss

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 07:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok. I'll just be leaving now. Sorry to have bothered you.

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 629

Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 06:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Will, sorry you feel that way. Though we deal in older film cameras, once in a while someone will be able to help someone like yourself through their own experience.

My experience with the TZ-3 is if it's broke, don't bother trying to repair it. It's not that great of a camera in the first place (darned purple fringing of highlights always ticked me off), though when it came out it was pretty good, with that 10X zoom. But I quickly tired of it's limitations, and finally replaced mine this year.

Your best bet, if you are really enamored with the camera, is to get another one. Check it out well though, as there could be old-age faults showing up. But if you are just the tinkering type, I don't think anyone here would have knowledge of that adhesive, or what could even be wrong with your camera.

Good luck, and visit again.

PF

Michael_linn
Tinkerer
Username: Michael_linn

Post Number: 98

Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 09:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You didn't bother me. Just do a Google search using the model number of your camera along with the word "repair". Steering you somewhere else is the best I can do for you.

The Admin has posted this at the top of the forum page:

"ESPECIALLY DO NOT POST questions about digital cameras."

It's up to posters to read that and save themselves the trouble and mortification of finding out that they might be on the wrong forum.

It's not that people here don't want to help; the fact is, most of us are unable to provide specific help on repairs that we know nothing about.

Neuberger
Tinkerer
Username: Neuberger

Post Number: 90

Posted on Saturday, August 17, 2013 - 03:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The video you mention, like many others from the same source, is by no means a tutorial for DIYers. Under several names the makers of those ouevres offer spares, tools and, of course, professional help. In other words, the vid is pure advertisement.
Believing working on digicams was as easy as the charming voice of the speaker and the quick cuts of the video seem to suggest I once was misled and tried repairing a Fuji Finepix F 480, but with no success at all, although I had bought specific tools and a fleabay donor camera.
So do as you are told, keep your camera for tomorrow's tinkerers and/or buy a new one. Usually the people here are helpful, so there is no reason of pretending to feel offended.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration