Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Argus C4 Lens Disassembly Questions Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Argus C4 Lens Disassembly Questions « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rjbuzzclick
Tinkerer
Username: Rjbuzzclick

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 07:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I have an Argus C4 with the standard f/2.8 50mm Cintar. I've not been able to find detailed info on disassembling the lens itself. I would like to get at the aperture blades to clean them. I've unscrewed the front barrel which holds the front bezel in. After that I unscrewed the retaining ring to get the front element out. The spacer between the elements came out but can't get the middle element out.

There is a slotted retaining ring under the bezel which I assume holds the whole front and middle lens assembly in, but I can't get that to move. Are there set screws holding that in as well, or do I just need to give it more effort?

Conversely, is it better to remove the lens from the camera, remove the rear element and go in that way?

Thanks for any help!

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1352

Posted on Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 10:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't have notes for disassembly of the C4 lens. I do have notes on the Markfinder 21 lens, I don't know if they would be close enough to offer any hints.

I also have notes for removing the C4 lens from the camera, which I would recommend doing before going further into the lens.

[email protected]

Rjbuzzclick
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 10:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Rick! I'll check your site for the Markfinder 21 notes.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1353

Posted on Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 03:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm not sure if they're on my web page. If you don't find them there, drop me an email and I'll send them.

Rjbuzzclick
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 12:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nope, didn't see it. I'll send you an e-mail. Thanks again!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration