Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon F75 Short Circuit Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Nikon F75 Short Circuit « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Spitfire12
Tinkerer
Username: Spitfire12

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, September 06, 2013 - 12:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello everyone!

I would like to ask a question about a Nikon F75 I recently acquired. After buying new batteries for the camera(10$!!) and using it only a few shots, I noticed that body was worm. Then 5 hours later the batteries died, even though the camera was turned off.
I am 100% sure that there is a short circuit, and i traced the heat source behind the films Dx reader (left side from the back). If the heat comes from a chip i doubt that it can be fixed.
Does anyone has any experience with that line of cameras? Is it worth repairing?

Thank you for reading my post! :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John_s
Tinkerer
Username: John_s

Post Number: 128

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 12:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It might depend on where you are and whether you have access to a repair person, however the cost almost certainly be would be much more than the camera is worth. Try and find another body to use with the lens. Loads of cheap film cameras can be found body only, as the lenses have been sold to use on digital SLR's.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration