Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus OM Motor Drive replecement sc... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Olympus OM Motor Drive replecement screws? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ppucci
Tinkerer
Username: Ppucci

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, September 06, 2013 - 12:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,

I have an Olympus OM-2n with a motor drive and I looking for replacement screws for the motor drive, specifically those tine screws that hold the bottom part and the upper part together. It has 4 screw holes, but I am missing 3 of them. It can be used with right now, but with care so the whole thing does not come apart. Any idea where I can find them?

Ppucci
Tinkerer
Username: Ppucci

Post Number: 2

Posted on Friday, September 06, 2013 - 12:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here are pictures of the missing screws. Notice the only one remaining on the first picture, right side.

Photo #1

Photo #2

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 1094

Posted on Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 09:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

These are to a standard Japanese thread form. If you have a camera repair shop/man near you, pay them a visit and ask to rummage through their junk draws. You will soon find some suitable screws. Otherwise go and buy a junk Japanese 35mm camera of some description and strip out the screws - you will soon find some suitable screws to hold the drive together.

Brcamera
Tinkerer
Username: Brcamera

Post Number: 289

Posted on Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 05:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In looking at your last photo, I see that the strap eyelet is missing and you won't be able to thread new screws into the case without this part as it provides a threaded cleat for attaching the screws (metric 2mm).

The screws along the back of the case have a threaded hole to screw into...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration