Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Ricoh 500 GX letter "M" in viewfinder... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Ricoh 500 GX letter "M" in viewfinder always present/ Light meter "activated" with the battery check button « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ty1003
Tinkerer
Username: Ty1003

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 03:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello. I am a new member interested in classical cameras and this is my first post here.

I recently purchased a "new" old Ricoh 500 GX. The light seals were changed and it seems to work fine with these two small issues:

1) According to the manual, the letter "M" for manual should appear in the viewfinder, when entering manual mode. Not so in my case. The aperture ring is on "A" and it still shows M. Otherwise it functions properly - auto is auto and manual is manual. Any ideas?

2) I leave the camera on B with the light meter turned off. On the next day, when I move the shutter speed ring to any speed, the light meter does not react at the beginning. Only after I press the battery check button, the needle jumps and afterwards the light meter seems to work properly.

Any help would be appreciated!

TY

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration