Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Karat 36 RF adjustments Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Maintenance & Repair » Karat 36 RF adjustments « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Pablo Coronel (Titrisol2)
Tinkerer
Username: Titrisol2

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2023 - 07:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, I just went through this as per this threas form the 2009 Aarchives: https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/forum/messages/20735/15008.html

After opening the cover and removing the RF unit I investigated how interesting the split image RF is, I found it a lot simpler than many as there is only horizontal movement of the 2 sections and very little vertical.
So to just adjust the position of the RF unit my solution was:
- Set camera lens to infinity
- Loosen the 3 screws that hold the Rf
- Move the rf unit Left-Right until the image was sharp
- Adjust screws

I retested at 2m and 5m to make sure I did it right, and fully tightened all the screws.

Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Friday, October 20, 2023 - 07:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A picture of the Karat 36 without the cover
Karat 36 mechanism
The RF is coupled by a lever that moves the RF as the lens unit moves left to right.
The RF assembly has a pin that moves it Left to Right and a spring that return to infinity. If that movement is sluggish you have to clean the rail. I used a qtip with electrical contact cleaner and then lubricated with a little powdered graphite.
The 3 screws marked in yellow hold the RF unit in place, those are the ones I used for adjusting.

Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Friday, October 20, 2023 - 07:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And a close up of the RF mechanism in place (infinity would be at the L side)
The screw marked with the yellow cross is the one used for adjusting
Karat 36 RF mechanism

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration