Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica FX-70 quartz not working Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Yashica FX-70 quartz not working « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kurenaiairen
Tinkerer
Username: Kurenaiairen

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 05:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Yashica FX-70 quartz camera. A couple of years ago it just all together stopped working. I could not advance the film, the mirror was stuck up, bu was able to be pulled down but it just went back up when released. I just recently removed the bottom cover and was able to advance it by moving the lever out of the way, causing the mirror to un-stick. However, the camera still will not take pictures even though there are perfectly good batteries in it and when i press down to check the shutter speed and f-stop no lights appear on the side bar. And yes, the batteries are in the right way. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Mikel
Tinkerer
Username: Mikel

Post Number: 87

Posted on Monday, April 14, 2008 - 07:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Something is gumming up the works and you will need to disassemble the camera to a greater degree than you have so far.

This model shares the mirror box and shutter with the FX-D and the Contax 139, both at the top of the list of reliable cameras.

I would try to look for a repair manual for any of the above cameras. It's quite likely it can be repaired.

Last year I attempted to help someone repair an FX-70 here but he bypassed my advice and completely destroyed the camera so I am understandably unwilling to go there again. The camera is worth fixing.

But I will be happy to answer any specific questions that I can.

Dck692009
Tinkerer
Username: Dck692009

Post Number: 1

Posted on Saturday, January 03, 2009 - 07:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have an Yashica FX70 Q with a detiorating cushin seal for the reflex mirror and also the film door has the same problem[turning to a sticky goo] the camera shop says it will cost $100.00 to fix - is there a way I can do this myself --Richard

Donnie_strickland
Tinkerer
Username: Donnie_strickland

Post Number: 59

Posted on Saturday, January 03, 2009 - 09:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go to the "articles" tab at the top of this page and click. Look for the "Jon Goodman's Seal Replacement Instructions" article.

Jon's kits are the best and he's a great guy too!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration