Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon FD rear reassembly? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Canon FD rear reassembly? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Odl
Tinkerer
Username: Odl

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 06:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello all!

I'm fairly new to servicing lenses. My uncle gave me an assortment of lenses that he had in storage for about 15 years... but unfortunately a lot of them have some fungal growth...mostly on just the rear elements.

I'm having trouble getting the rear end aligned back up in the reassembly. I need the ring with the arm that goes into the fork to rotate counter clockwise so the rear can sit back in. Here's a picture to help (I'm sorry, but i'm not sure on the terminology...diaphragm-cam ring??).

I searched this site for about 2 hours and couldn't find an answer... but that ring rotates clock wise freely. But it gets stuck at a point going counter clockwise. Can anyone provide any insight on how to get it back to where it originally was??

Thanks for your help!

lens

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 760

Posted on Thursday, January 01, 2009 - 07:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have some notes ... not sure if they'll help but you're welcome to them. email me at rick_oleson@yahoo.com

Odl
Tinkerer
Username: Odl

Post Number: 2

Posted on Friday, January 02, 2009 - 12:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Emailed! Thanks!

If the picture isn't clear...the ring I need to turn eventually becomes the smaller of the two blades that stick out the rear end of the FD lens mount...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration