Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikkorex F problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Nikkorex F problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gzuiko
Tinkerer
Username: Gzuiko

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 06:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, I had a working Nikkorex F that functioned perfectly in all aspects, but I foolishly activated the self timer without the camera having already been wound. Then I fired the shutter release, the timer wound down, and of course, nothing happened, since the shutter wasn't cocked. However, the camera won't operate now, and it just winds and winds, with the shutter never cocking. I can't get it out of this malfunction, no matter how I try.

I'm really mad at myself for messing up such a nice camera, and I'm hoping there is a fix for it. Any ideas? I'm desparate. Thanks very much for any suggestions.

Kenfretz
Tinkerer
Username: Kenfretz

Post Number: 1

Posted on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 01:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've had this happen on a number of Nikkorex F bodies. Remove the lens and gently lift the mirror. It should release the hang-up and allow the camera to function to properly. You may have to advance the film lever and repeat this several times until you get normal operation.

Ken

Gzuiko
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 07:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ken,

I tried it many times, and still it won't work. When I lift the mirror I hear a faint click when it reaches the top, but then the shutter button still has no resistance and the camera continues to wind on and on. I appreciate the help though. I'll keep trying!

Jim

Dgillette4
Tinkerer
Username: Dgillette4

Post Number: 264

Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 05:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

These Nikkorex bodies were not Nikon but made by another I believe ricoh. I sold them along with the Nikons , the nikkorex had a bad reputation for durability. but did not cost as much and took Nikkor lenses at the time. I would look into the self timer mechanism. They are a source of problems. Did you try to tension shutter then try to cock self timer ?Then try to release. If this doesen't work it will probably need a good cleaning. Don

Gzuiko
Tinkerer

Post Number: 6

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 12:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, still no luck with the Nikkorex body. But I do have another that works fine, except that the speeds 1/4 and slower don't work. also I have a very nice Ricoh Singlex with the same problem. Speeds down to 1/8 sec are fine.

I did notice in trying to fix the other one, that under the bottom plate seems to reside the slow speed mechanism. Maybe some carefully applied naptha would help? Hmmm...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration