Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

HELP WITH NIKON F2 SHUTTER!!! Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » HELP WITH NIKON F2 SHUTTER!!! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sientelaclaridad
Tinkerer
Username: Sientelaclaridad

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 08:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi!
I own a Nikon F2, I bought it several months ago, in this time achieve that the camera finally works, but I have problems with BULB, I have all the speeds but not B, B is like another speed, I cant control the curtains with the switch, I have the service manual so...
Please! I need help, I dont know how B works!

Marcel

Cooltouch
Tinkerer
Username: Cooltouch

Post Number: 11

Posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 09:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Marcel,

Can you be more specific? When you write that B is like another speed, what do you mean by this exactly? Do you hear the mechanical timer running as it does with the slow speeds, or is the shutter tripped at a higher speed?

The F2's shutter speed dial can be rotated from B to 1/2000, and vice versa. Is it possible that the dial may have been moved such that B on the dial no longer corresponds to B on the camera? There are three tiny grub screws that hold the dial in place. It's been too long since I've had one of these off, so I don't recall now if it fits only one way.

Best,

Michael

Sientelaclaridad
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 06:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HI Michael!
I am trying to say that all the speeds of the camera works, all from 1 seg to 1/2000 but B is not present, when I put the shutter dial on B the two curtains moves, so I move all the dial and B is not present.
The mechanical shutter timer sound is only present with the low speeds.
I don't know how B really works.
Thanks.

Cooltouch
Tinkerer
Username: Cooltouch

Post Number: 12

Posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 08:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Marcel,

I'm still not sure I understand what you mean.

The way B works is by keeping the shutter open as long as you have the shutter button depressed. When a camera is set to B, depressing the shutter button opens the first curtain and it stays open until the shutter is released, at which point the second curtain closes.

Your camera also has a T setting. There's a ring around the shutter button that can be rotated to the T position. When the camera is set to B, and the ring set to T, the shutter will stay open even after releasing the button, and won't close again until you rotate the ring off the T setting. My apologies if you know all this already.

Best,

Michael

Sientelaclaridad
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 11:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Michael!
I know how B and T means, but I donīt understand how the camera mechanism of a F2 makes the job!
Finally I get B, I got a service manual that have some posible solutions and one works!
The part 412 was missing! so I build some similar, and now my F2 is working but all the low speed are wrong!
I think that is a nice begining
Thanks
marcel

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration