Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon F2 speed Adjustment Help! Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Nikon F2 speed Adjustment Help! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sientelaclaridad
Tinkerer
Username: Sientelaclaridad

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, January 14, 2009 - 12:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HI!
I need some help in order to adjust the speed of a Nikon F2.
After months of work i finally get all the speed of the dial, but I think they are no acurate so...
How I can adjust the speeds? Any procedure?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

M_currie
Tinkerer
Username: M_currie

Post Number: 156

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, January 14, 2009 - 04:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pinpoint accuracy might be difficult to achieve, but if you're looking for a device to calibrate the speeds, you might do some searching here and elsewhere for articles on using a phototransistor and the sound card of your PC to produce a visible display of shutter duration. I'm not sure just where the articles are now, and I have to leave in a few minutes, but some googling might help.

I found an article somewhere a few years ago and actually made a rudimentary device using a battery and the phototransistor out of a computer mouse, which works pretty well for the slower speeds.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration