Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

OM1 Hotshoe 1 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » OM1 Hotshoe 1 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Photoman
Tinkerer
Username: Photoman

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, January 21, 2009 - 06:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am looking for a hotshoe for my OM1 MD( Not OM1n)

M_currie
Tinkerer
Username: M_currie

Post Number: 157

Posted on Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 03:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm not very conversant with the various Olympus versions, and have no OM's, but I do, for some reason, have an "Accessory shoe 2." This is a single-contact shoe with TTL or other extra pins.

Let me know if this is what you need.

M_currie
Tinkerer
Username: M_currie

Post Number: 158

Posted on Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 05:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

IMportant correction here: First of all, I left out the "no" on my previous post. It has NO ttl or other extra pins. Although the little box that it came in says it's a shoe 2, I am almost 100 percent positive now that the shoe in question is a Shoe 1. It has a single center contact, and the word "FIX" above the screw.

I looked here for information, and if it's accurate, then it's an early Shoe 1 for an OM1.

edit: forgot the link: http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/olympus.faq.html#ques_F1

I love XA's and rangefinder Olympi, but have never had an OM, and doubt I will any time soon, owing to a glut of other mounts, so if this is what you need, and you're in the United States, let me know and you can have it for whatever it costs to mail it to you in a padded envelope.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 777

Posted on Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 07:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That is Shoe 1, the only one that fits an OM1. Shoe 2 has a second contact, and a pin that fits in a hole in the OM2. All shoes are clearly marked with their numbers, except the Shoe 1's that say "FIX" on the back.

Rlc
Tinkerer
Username: Rlc

Post Number: 65

Posted on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 06:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This site may make it more clear as to the several Olympus shoes and their compatibility.
http://olympus.dementia.org/eSIF/om-sif/flashphotogroup/shoes.htm

My experience has been that Olympus really goofed on the design of all their shoes. It is virtually impossible to find one that is not cracked. Richard.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration