Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Agfa Isolette III top plate disassembly Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Agfa Isolette III top plate disassembly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Noir
Tinkerer
Username: Noir

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, January 24, 2009 - 10:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi there! I asked photo.net and was referred to ask in here also, so here we go:

I have been trying to remove the top plate of an Isolette III mk2 in not a great shape. This is the first one I am dismantling (not Isolette but Isolette III mk2) and I've discovered the top plate removal is a bit tricky in this version.
AFAIK (mainly per instructions in rolandandcaroline's website) the film winder knob should be removed clockwise (i.e, as if advancing the film?) but I have ended up with a broken knob (top wheel in one hand, film shaft in the other).
My question is, can anybody please provide me with some more detailed instructions on this particular step? Are the instructions I'm following correct? Any remark to them? What am I doing wrong? Could it be possible that due to the general shape of this individual camera, the film winder was weaker than expected? I have another one to check, but I would rather ask to someone with experience on this matter than break the other camera.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sevo
Tinkerer
Username: Sevo

Post Number: 28

Posted on Saturday, January 24, 2009 - 01:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The winder knob screws off clockwise - i.e. against the winding direction. If you did not mistake the direction, chances are that yours was corroded, or glued into place by some previous owner.

Vinzenz
Tinkerer
Username: Vinzenz

Post Number: 14

Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2009 - 07:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If the winder holds very tightly you could use nitro / paint remover / acetone to loosen it. I usually dip a paint brush into nitro and use it very sparingly on the camera. Leave it soak in for a short while and try again. Be careful not to touch any plastic peaces (no danger on the Isolette!) with it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration