Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Ricohflex Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Ricohflex « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Renko
Tinkerer
Username: Renko

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 06:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I bought a Ricohflex VII today at the flea market. Needless to say it needs a bit of help. It will not focus, the lower (viewing) lens spins but the lower (taking?) is frozen. I removed the front of the camera and cleaned it up but cannot figure how to take the lenses apart or at least clean and lube the gears.
Any help??
thanks

Mikel
Tinkerer
Username: Mikel

Post Number: 124

Posted on Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 09:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's probably got the old green grease which seizes up over time. Some really high proof alcohol or some heat will probably loosen it up but don't try both at the same time!

Renko
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 09:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

dab or pour the alcohol on the front of the lens, where it is attached to the camera?
thanks for the help!

Mikel
Tinkerer
Username: Mikel

Post Number: 126

Posted on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 10:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm away from home and Ricohflex by about 1900 miles this week so am running on memory, which is unreliable.

You need to get any solvent into the threads of the helical of the lens mount. That's where the problem is. If your taking lens and viewing lens are geared together, look for set screws around the geared mounts. Loosening those will allow you to remove the geared covers and allow access to the screw mechanism which is seized up.

Mike

Renko
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 10:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks, I'll put it under a magnifying glass and see if I can find the set screws. This would be from the front of the camera, correct? Sorry for the dumb questions but I'm new to this.
THe lens are not geared together. The top lens is set out more from the camera body than the taking lens. I suppose they are to mesh together?
thanks for your help.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration