Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon FA focussing screen removal Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Nikon FA focussing screen removal « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peterclarke
Tinkerer
Username: Peterclarke

Post Number: 29

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 05:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need to get the focussing screen out of a Nikon FA so that I can clean it and replace the mirror buffer rubber. I don`t have the tool that helps one take the screen out and have never even seen it done on a Nikon although I have seen it done on a Canon T90. Is it easy to get the screen out without the special tool and if so how? Thank you, Peter

Sillyconguru
Tinkerer
Username: Sillyconguru

Post Number: 19

Posted on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 12:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you look into the mirror-box you should see a small tab at the top in the centre (by the mirror bumpers), flip this and the screen carrier will drop (bringing the screen with it).

Be careful with the screen, it is plastic and thus easily scratched.

Peterclarke
Tinkerer
Username: Peterclarke

Post Number: 30

Posted on Monday, January 26, 2009 - 03:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you. I thought the tab was probably the thing I should be trying to move but didn`t want to touch it until I was certain and your input has been a great help. I shall also be very careful with the screen! Peter.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration