Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon FE Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Nikon FE « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Firebert117
Tinkerer
Username: Firebert117

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 11:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey guys, I just found my dads old Nikon FE as well as his Minolta XG-7.

Well the Nikon FE works like a charm although theres some dust on its mirror. It comes with 4 different lenses which include: A Nikon 35 mm. A Soligor 28-80 mm with Macro. A Nikon 75-150 mm. And a Kalimar 35-135 lens. They're all a bit cloudy and dusty.

The XG-7 has a Minolta 50 mm lens on it thats in perfect condition and the mirror hardly has any dust on it. However there is something blocking the view finder. It must be inside the camera base itself or something.

My question to you is. How should I go about getting these camera's/lenses cleaned and in perfect working order? Should I send them somewhere?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Markklitsch
Tinkerer
Username: Markklitsch

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 04:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

the xg-7 has a bad prism. there is a piece of foam that the prism sits against that goes bad with age and deteriorates the coating on the prism. unless you can find a junk camera to get a good prism you can't get one. no longer available. the nikon probably has some fungus on the lenses and mirror. hard to say without seeing them. chech out www.thecameracure.com

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration