Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Baldamatic II Shutter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Baldamatic II Shutter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hai
Tinkerer
Username: Hai

Post Number: 20

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 02:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
It seems that I need to clean my Baldamatic II's shutter. I tried to open the name-ring in front of the lens (using rubber-tool) and failed. Am I doing something wrong? Should I try harder?

Upnorthw
Tinkerer
Username: Upnorthw

Post Number: 7

Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 02:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If it's like a Super Baldamatic I you need to remove the distance ring. Under that are three set screws that hold the focus ring on.

Hai
Tinkerer

Post Number: 21

Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 02:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How do you remove the distance ring? It does move a bit...

Upnorthw
Tinkerer

Post Number: 8

Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2009 - 08:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On the one I worked on there were two screws where the ends meet. It was just a thin band with the distance numbers on it. Yours may be different.

Hai
Tinkerer

Post Number: 22

Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2009 - 04:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You were right - Baldamatic II is the same as the super. I removed this band and could remove the name ring and the front element, but then I hit another obstacle: in order to get to the shutter you need to remove another ring (front element screws into this ring) with two notches on it , but I couldn't - am I missing something (again)?

Upnorthw
Tinkerer

Post Number: 9

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 12:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

According to my notes, I loosened three tiny set screws on the depth of field ring and removed it. Then remove three screws on the edge of the black plate. The plate and lens lift off. Thats as far as I went. I then was able to put some naptha carefully on the shutter parts several times and got it to work. Good luck.

Hai
Tinkerer

Post Number: 23

Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 01:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

well, it seems that the two cameras are a bit different... I didn't see any black plate... Thanks a lot!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration