Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zeiss Ikon Contina Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Zeiss Ikon Contina « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gseronik
Tinkerer
Username: Gseronik

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 08:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all:

Anyone know how to get the top off one of these? I imagine it'd be similar to the Contessa, but I don't know how to crack that case either. Specifically, I can't tell how the advance lever comes off since there isn't the usual retaining ring. Anyone?

Thanks,
Gary

Charlie
Tinkerer
Username: Charlie

Post Number: 193

Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 08:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you go to the search symbol above and do a search for Contina postings for the last 600 days you will find listings for several of them.

Gseronik
Tinkerer

Post Number: 5

Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 09:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Charlie. I actually did that first before posting. Unless I missed something, there doesn't appear to be any help on getting the top off. (Maddeningly, there's a nicely illustrated repair that shows what to do *after* you get the top off!)

So, if anyone can quickly instruct, it'd be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary

Parry
Tinkerer
Username: Parry

Post Number: 1

Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 01:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Gary ! I'm facing what is probably a similar issue. The film advance lever is jammed and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove the topplate. I understand from Robert Ian Axford's ( http://www.photographic.co.nz/cameraworks/cameras/zeiss_ikon_contina_IIa/Default .htm)excellent article that it could usually either be old dirty lube, or some parts coming loose and jamming the lever.
best w.
Parry

Gseronik
Tinkerer

Post Number: 6

Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 05:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Parry:

To get the top off, you have to remove three things. First, the retaining ring around the rewind knob (you have to take the knob off to get at this), second a small screw near the film advance lever, and third (and this is the one that mystified me initially), the small retaining ring around the shutter release button. Once you have those off, the top lifts off.

Hope that helps!

Gary

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration